In our wonderful country, the land of the free and the home of the brave, we pride ourselves (sometimes) on our law system. Laws are being added and overturned all the time. In honor of the anniversary of our Independence coming up next week, I thought I’d show you a list of some of the dumbest laws in the United States.
1. Colorado: It is illegal to crash into obstacles on a ski slope.
2. Anniston, Alabama: It is illegal to wear blue jeans down Noble Street. I am there often I better me more careful.
3. Boston, Massachusetts: Angry at your neighbor? Well duels to the death are permitted on the common on Sundays but only if the Governor is present.
4. Topeka, Kansas: The installation of bathtubs is prohibited. All you bubble bath lovers, never move to Topeka.
5. Boise, Idaho: Residents are not permitted to fish from the the back of a giraffe.
6. Oregon: Keep your animals in line because fights between cats and dogs are illegal.
7. Mississippi: They take Sunday Church services VERY seriously. Any private citizen is allowed to arrest anyone who disturbs a Church service.
8. New York: Believe it or not, it is illegal for a woman to be on the street wearing “body hugging clothing.” I think it might be time that the police start enforcing that law on some people.
9. Prescott, Arizona: No one, and I mean NO ONE is allowed to ride their horse up the stairs of the county courthouse. I wonder if the other staircases are fair game?
10. Connesville, Pennsylvania: One’s pants may be worn NO lower than 5 inches below the waist.
11. New Hampshire: On Sundays, it is illegal to relieve yourself while looking up.
12. Milwaukee, Wisconsin: If a person is considered “offensive looking” it is illegal for him or her to be in public during the day. I can’t believe this is real. I wonder who gets to decide what is considered “offensive looking.”
13. New Jersey: If the horn accidentally goes off while a couple is making love in the car, they must face jail time. No ifs, ands, or buts. That’s why they invented back seats.
14. Hawaii: No child can be given the name Charles. Barrack is okay.
15. Rehoboth Beach, Delaware: It is illegal to change your clothes in a vehicle.
Oops, I’ve definitely broken that one.